Premium Times reports that they have obtained an audio recording of the Governor apparently addressing his supporters and
threatening violence against the APC and its prominent member, former FCT Minister, Nasir El-Rufai.
Speaking in the Hausa language, Governor Yero vowed swift “revenge” against anyone “born of woman” should they attack the PDP
team in the state.
“If you are born of a woman, please pelt us with stones, when we go out for campaigns. We dare you to destroy or burn our
vehicles. Burn our house. I swear by Allah, anyone who does any of these things, we will revenge,” he claimed.
Governor Yero appears “furious” on the tape, according to Premium Times, and threatened to stop El-Rufai from entering Kaduna State henceforth. “If I say you [addressing El-Rufai] should not come to Kaduna, I swear you cannot come. If I say you should not leave your house, I swear you cannot leave, ” Mr. Yero said. “If I say they should demolish your house, I swear by Allah, they would demolish it immediately. If you think we cannot do it, try us and see, continue with what you are doing, by God’s grace we will show you.” Mr. Yero also threatened to deal with APC supporters if they dare to attack the campaign of the PDP. In Kaduna State, the main governorship contest is being seen as mainly a struggle between the incumbent Governor and El-Rufai. In the last two weeks, there have been incidents of political violence in Rivers, Plateau and Gombe states, whereby supporters of different political parties launched gun attacks on opponents, bombed party offices and torched campaign vehicles. Mr. Yero spoke days after all presidential candidates for the February elections committed to non-violence before, during and after the polls. Despite being in the home state of Vice President Namadi Sambo, Kaduna, the former capital of the northern part of Nigeria, also has a strong APC base, giving Mr. El-Rufai wide support too.
Source:naij.com
Governor Yero appears “furious” on the tape, according to Premium Times, and threatened to stop El-Rufai from entering Kaduna State henceforth. “If I say you [addressing El-Rufai] should not come to Kaduna, I swear you cannot come. If I say you should not leave your house, I swear you cannot leave, ” Mr. Yero said. “If I say they should demolish your house, I swear by Allah, they would demolish it immediately. If you think we cannot do it, try us and see, continue with what you are doing, by God’s grace we will show you.” Mr. Yero also threatened to deal with APC supporters if they dare to attack the campaign of the PDP. In Kaduna State, the main governorship contest is being seen as mainly a struggle between the incumbent Governor and El-Rufai. In the last two weeks, there have been incidents of political violence in Rivers, Plateau and Gombe states, whereby supporters of different political parties launched gun attacks on opponents, bombed party offices and torched campaign vehicles. Mr. Yero spoke days after all presidential candidates for the February elections committed to non-violence before, during and after the polls. Despite being in the home state of Vice President Namadi Sambo, Kaduna, the former capital of the northern part of Nigeria, also has a strong APC base, giving Mr. El-Rufai wide support too.
Source:naij.com
No comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer:comments are opinions of my readers alone and does not represent cLOUDig views. contact us through cloudigblog@gmail.com, @cloudigblog on twitter or call 08062898177.