Full width home advertisement

Secular

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

;

Danfo driver kills robber, injures the other in Lagos


Quote

*I needed N5,000 for my sick wife—SURVIVING SUSPECT *


LAGOS

A 54-year-old commercial bus driver, last week, displayed rare bravery: he overpowered two robbery suspects, who had attacked him, killing one and inflictinginjury on the other, in Ejigbo area of Lagos.The suspects, who were operating on a motorcycle, snatched a bag from a woman who was going to work alongRonik Road, Ejigbo, before accosting the commercial bus driver, Mr Onyema Obinna, who was waiting for oneof his passengers.They ordered Obinna tobring out the money on him, threatening to shoot him if he acted otherwise.Explained, Obinna said:

When I told them that I had no money, they said they would kill me if they searched and found money on me. I gave them N10,000 that was with me and they left.“However, I decided to follow them with a view to alerting policemen. When they sighted my vehicle, they increased their speed and in the process, dropped a black nylon bag. I kept following them because the nylon bag was not mine.“When they got to NEPA Junction, and attemptedto cross to the other side by driving against traffic, I rammed into them. One of them diedand the other fell.“Suddenly, he started shouting that aDanfodriver had killed his passenger. I quickly rushed to where some OPC boys were and begged them to help me call the police. A patrol van later came and the woman, who was robbed earlier, showed up and collected her bag that was dropped.

The surviving suspect, Lukman Jamiu, 25, admitted to the crime but said he was forced to go into robbery to raise N5,000 for his ailing wife.He said:

I am a commercial bus driver, plying Badagry and Orile. But presently I do not have any bus to work with.

The suspect, according to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, Mr Fatai Owoseni, would be charged to court alongside 78 suspects arrested within six weeks in the state.


Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/danfo-driver-kills-robber-injures-another

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:comments are opinions of my readers alone and does not represent cLOUDig views. contact us through cloudigblog@gmail.com, @cloudigblog on twitter or call 08062898177.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib